Minors under the age of 16 are required to obtain a work permit before they begin working.
In order to maintain a work permit from Hebl & Hebl LLP:
- Minors MUST be present in order for them to obtain a work permit. Parents MAY NOT obtain a work permit without their minor.
- No appointment required; minors may obtain a work permit anytime during our normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.).
- Obtaining a work permit at Hebl & Hebl LLP usually takes between 5-10 minutes.
- Parents may either accompany their child to our office or send a signed letter of consent with their minor, allowing their minor to obtain a work permit.
- There is a required $10.00 fee that must be paid by cash or check only.
- The minor must bring the following verification information:
- Minor’s birth certificate, or other official proof of minor’s age
- Minor’s social security card or other official document with the minor’s social security number printed on it (i.e. tax form)
- Letter from the employer requesting the minor obtains a work permit
Minors, aged 16 and older, do not need to obtain a work permit per Wisconsin’s Equal Rights Division.
Checks should be made out to Hebl & Hebl LLP
The $10.00 fee for the permit will be reimbursed to the minor by the employer at the end of the first pay period.
Hebl & Hebl LLP will provide the minor with two (2) copies of the work permit: one for the employer and one for their personal records. Hebl & Hebl LLP will provide the school in which the minor is enrolled with a copy of the minor’s work permit.
Minors under the age of 16 are required to obtain a work permit before they begin working; unless it is agricultural or domestic service work.
The permit will not be issued if the work is prohibited by law.
For any additional questions, please contact our office: 608-837-4325